Around 10 years ago I was a dumb kid and made a lot of mistakes. I received two DUIs before I was 18. Since then I have changed, moved to China to live for 8 or so of those years, but I have finally moved back to the USA.

My question is what would be the process of getting it reinstated, and also is it necessary for me to hire a lawyer for it?

1 Answer 1


You apply for a license as you would normally.

According to this page on illinois law, a second DUI results in a five year ban from reapplying. This has expired.

Unless you were banned for a longer period for reasons you haven't mentioned, you should have no problem applying for a new license.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .