I am Pakistani citizen and my husband is living in France as a permanent resident. My husband has taken my children to France without my permission. I need to get custody of my children.

Do I need to visit France to file a case in French court, or is there a way that I can file a case from Pakistan?

  • 1
    You probably need a lawyer in France. You probably don't have to go there. With any luck, someone here will be able to offer some suggestions about finding legal representation. – phoog Dec 29 '15 at 5:31
  • Check your department of state for a site like travel.state.gov/content/childabduction/en/country/france.html. Unfortunately, Pakistan is not a party to the Hague Abduction Convention, but France is, and a French lawyer may be able to help you. – WBT Mar 2 '16 at 4:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.