According to the Maricopa county Arizona vital records, I cannot request a certified death certificate since I am not a family member (we were never married) or have a court order. I am needing to cancel income withholding payments to the clearinghouse since I have taken natural custody as we had joint-custody. The petition to terminate income withholding order says I need a copy of the death certificate. What should I do?

  • Could a family member request a copy for you?
    – Rick
    Jan 26 '21 at 23:28
  • Possibly, but we don't exactly have a good relationship. I was trying to see if there are alternatives. Jan 26 '21 at 23:40
  • Your child is presumably a family member - they can request it
    – Dale M
    Jan 27 '21 at 2:19
  • Says the person has to be 18 unfortunately. Our kid is 13. Jan 29 '21 at 5:47

Issue a subpoena to the vital statistics department that keeps the death certificates to obtain the death certificate in a civil action. This could be in a continuation of the action that established to obligation to withhold, or in a separate action support by an affidavit and ideally, an obituary or other third party source, tending to show that the person is dead.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.