I was trying to sort a stack of movies chronologically. Most boxes contain a copyright notice e.g. “(c) 1985 Acme Pictures LLC“. However, Walt Disney Pictures consistently omits the year, e.g. “(c) Disney”. Why does Disney do things differently? Alternatively, why does the rest of the industry devote precious box space to the year in addition to the full name?
Since a counter example has been found, here are the titles I observed (all VHS copies):
- Beauty and the Beast “(c) The Walt Disney Company”
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks “(c) The Walt Disney Company”
- Homeward Bound “(c) Buena Vista Pictures Distribution, Inc.”
- Sleeping Beauty “(c) Disney Enterprises, Inc.”
- The Santa Clause “(c) The Walt Disney Company”