From a legal standpoint, what sort of punishment could I expect should I decide to protest the U.S. Government and take over a remote federal building with 100 of my closest friends and militia members?
- This takes place in the U.S. State of Oregon
- Someone with authority has asked me to quit my occupation and leave
- At least one of my followers has openly described us as ready to do violence, though not directed at any specific individual
- I and my compatriots are carrying weapons where they're (most likely?) not allowed to
- I stay there for a week and decide to go home
I know the answers may be a bit subjective in that there is probably a wide range of statutes that could be brought to bear. Let's also assume that shipping me and my 100 friends off to Guantanamo as a bunch of terrorists is off the table.
Given this, what relevant federal statutes are there that could be used against me and what penalties do they proscribe?