Further investigations of the San Bernardino Shooting has the federal government asking Apple, Inc. to dismiss public privacy agreement.
Is this ethically admissible through the All Writs Act of 1789?
Consider the following:
- Absence of alternative Remedies.
- Independent basis for jurisdiction.
- Necessary or appropriate in aid of jurisdiction.
- Usage and principles of the law.
February 16, 2016:
- The federal government invoked the All Writs Act.
- Ordering Apple Inc. to create a special version of iOS, without "Full Device Encryption."
- in attempt to hack an iPhone involved in the investigation.
Does national security have limitations?
United States of America vs Apple(2016-02-16) (“In the matter of the search of an Apple iPhone seized...)