I'm in St Louis, Missouri. My house is a part of a HOA. It has bylaws and the bylaws state that alternative dispute resolution may be done through the City of St Louis in accordance with Chapter 435, Mo Rev Stat. In which court do I have to file a petition to have a judge review the board's decision and what form do I need to fill out, as I believe the board's decision is unfair?

  • Are you sure the ADL process involves a judge? Mediation and arbitration are usual specified as non-court alternatives - hence the name. Sep 28, 2021 at 2:25
  • 3
    Chapter 435 is just the laws surrounding arbitration.
    – ColleenV
    Sep 28, 2021 at 2:29

1 Answer 1


You can’t go to court

Chapter 435 is an arbitration statute. By joining the HOA, you agreed that disputes would be resolved through arbitration, not litigation. The contract should specify how the arbitrator is appointed.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .