Previous versions of the policy included the same or similar language.
- the GDPR
- the CCPA (California Consumer Protection Act)
- the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- The Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984
- The Consumer Credit Reporting Control Act
- the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (applies to Institutions engaged in the financial sector)
- the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
The page "how often should our IT policies be reviewed and updated?" includes the advice that:
In general, we recommend reviewing all your IT policies at least annually. It can be your new ‘New Years’ tradition.
In short it is common to update such policies with some frequency. Various laws may mandate such updates whenever privacy practices change. No law that I have found limits the frequency of such updates.