- Jul 2018 I came to the U.S. with a K1 visa.
- Sep 2018. I married a U.S. citizen.
- May 2019. I got a conditional 2 year green card that expires in May 2021.
- May 2020. I divorced but I did not remove the conditional status. Did not apply for any documents.
- Nov 2021. I went back to my country with an expired conditional green card.
Now I am in my country. I have an expired conditional green card. I did not apply for any documents.
Question: Since my conditional green card expired in May 2021, and I stayed in the U.S. until Nov 2021, does all that time May-Nov count as “unlawful presence”? Or does “unlawful presence” not apply for permanent residents?
Question: Am I going to have issues going back to the U.S. with my expired conditional green card, if I decide to go back right now?