I won a judgement in small claims court against a tenant two years ago. The person has not paid. I'd like to know how to put the judgement on their credit report.

  • 3
    Laws and procedures vary around the world. If you would like a specific answer to your question then please add the relevant jurisdiction tag.
    – user35069
    Commented Dec 3, 2021 at 18:48
  • Depending on the Jurisdiction, you can or you can't or it might be automatic.
    – Trish
    Commented Dec 3, 2021 at 23:51

1 Answer 1


The easiest way would be to hire a collection agency to collect the debt (for a fee of course), because collection agencies routinely include debts that they are collecting in credit reports.

Credit reporting agencies differ in what other kinds of debts they will report. Recording a judgment lien in real property records will trigger a credit report entry with some agencies, but not others. Some agencies report all judgments entered in courts, but others don't. You could also contact a credit reporting agency and ask it if it will simply report your judgment without further action if you send them a copy.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .