My wife and I are US citizens. My wife has been accepted to study abroad as an undergraduate for 1 school year (September'16 - May'17) in London, UK under PBS Tier 4 Student Visa. I intend to travel there with her. I will be her primary means of financial support while there. I'm a software engineer, so my work will be done entirely remotely online for a US based company involving only US bank accounts. As I understand it, I can apply as a dependant to travel to the UK with her. My question is this: will I be allowed to work remotely for a US company receiving payment to US only bank accounts while living in the UK as a dependant of a US exchange student? If not, under what provisions would this be doable?

closed as off-topic by feetwet May 1 '17 at 22:55

  • This question does not appear to be about law, within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.