In England and Wales, what court can one use to sue another for assaulting them.

1 Answer 1


Civil justice in England and Wales is mainly dealt with in the county courts and, in the case of more substantial or complex cases, the High Court. The jurisdiction covers a very wide range – from quite small or simple claims, for example damaged goods or recovery of debt, to large claims between multi-national companies.


  • Can trespass to person for less than £10K be pursued under the small claims track? Jun 15, 2022 at 8:42
  • 1
    @JosephP. 'You' can't apply for the small claims track for personal injury claims.
    – Lag
    Jun 15, 2022 at 9:47
  • What do you mean by "'you'" Jun 15, 2022 at 11:32
  • 1
    @JosephP. a person, a plaintiff "can't apply for the small claims track for personal injury claim."
    – Lag
    Jun 15, 2022 at 11:33

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .