I am a Spanish post-grad who is doing an internship at a company in Dublin. I booked an accommodation with a student accommodation agency located in Dublin.

They asked for a full year deposit even though I was only booking for 3 months. When I get there the room was full of rubbish, vomit on the carpet, WiFi not working, shower not working properly, several knives stabbed on the walls...

I worked full time from Monday to Friday, waking at 6:30 AM and returning at 8:00 PM. Not a single day could I get my daily rest due to my "kind" roommates who partied every single day. I sent lots of email to the company, asking to get a room change. Time passed without reply, then I started to call to their contact phone and got no response. I finally decided to end the accommodation. They told me that they were sorry and that I would get my money back within 6 days.

3 weeks have passed and I have not seen any money. I keep calling but they always say that they will call me back with the details etc... Are there any legal ways to get my money back?

1 Answer 1


Since you paid with a credit card you should simple demand a "chargeback" (a.k.a. "dispute") of their original charge. Provide your argument and evidence to your credit card issuer. The burden then falls on the seller to establish that they are entitled to the money charged.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .