Are structural engineers required by law to have liability insurance in Wisconsin?

If it's not required, is it still common to have? Or do many structural engineers not carry it? (I know that's a little imprecise but I'm just asking for a generalization.)

  • 1
    There's multiple types of liability insurance. General liability insurance would protect the engineer for their acts, e.g. they crashed their work truck into somebody or they were on a site and hit somebody with a hammer. You're likely thinking errors and omissions (E&O) or professional indemnity which would protect them if they produced faulty plans and the building collapsed.
    – user71659
    Apr 3, 2023 at 20:29
  • Okay, yeah. I was def thinking about E&O-type insurance. Just curious how common that actually is. But maybe there's no meaningful way to generalize that. Apr 4, 2023 at 20:11


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .