I'm looking for a path forward given the following residential lease terms in Florida:
- Tenant signed 2 year lease and paid rent on time for 8 months.
- Tenant gave 60 day notice that they would be moving out to be closer with family, claiming that a member of their family had attempted suicide (but fortunately failed in that attempt).
- Landlord/Tenant later agreed to terms in a lease addendum stating that Landlord would keep security deposit and last month's rent, as well as an additional payment equal to 1 month's rent.
- Both parties signed addendum - agreed that all terms contained within addendum (#3 above) must be met to be released from original lease agreement.
- Tenant sent screen shot of final payment from their bank, but payment was never received.
- Tenant has moved out.
- Is an eviction necessary?
- Is sending the screenshot FRAUD given that the payment was never received?
- What are the next steps available to a Landlord?