If a lawyer wants to delay an arraignment after a date has been set, what do they do?

  • 2
    Request a continuance?
    – bdb484
    Commented Feb 21 at 23:04
  • @bdb484 Is that a motion that the lawyer would file with the judge?
    – Paul59
    Commented Feb 21 at 23:18
  • 5
    How is this asking for legal advice?! It is a generic question about a procedure, and the term for that procedure. (minor edit made, voting to reopen...) Commented Feb 22 at 0:30
  • 3
    I've raised the issue at Meta: law.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/1872/…
    – bdb484
    Commented Feb 22 at 13:30
  • 1
    @Paul59 Yes. Technically, the motion would probably be filed with the clerk of courts, who would forward it on to the judge.
    – bdb484
    Commented Feb 22 at 16:55


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .