I am considering accepting this job offer but am in the interview process with another company that I should hear back from soon. This current offer is for a 3-month contract and the one I am waiting on for is a Full-Time position.
My question is:
If I accept this job offer via email, is it legally binding in case I want to rescind the acceptance if I get the better job?
The email offer I received is below:
[Manager] would like to offer you for [job role] while we are pending the reference checks. As they do not want to lose you while we wait.
Manager: [Manager Name]
Start date: 5/3/2021
Once you accept the offer, please confirm the following details:
Are you able to start on the start date listed above:
Do you have time off already planned in the first 90 days of employment?:
Do you prefer a PC or Mac:
Your complete Address for shipment:
There is no place to sign and I am curious if accepting this offer via email before receiving additional documentation to sign or beginning the actual job/onboarding process is legally binding in any way in case it's better for me to back out and take the other job (if I get it).
They said they needed the response by this afternoon, but I did send an email asking for more time to consider accepting the offer. As of right now, I haven't heard back from them on this extension. I've been out of work due to Covid and need a new job, but I'd hate to be locked in to a 3 month position only to go through this again when there's the possibility of a better position just on the horizon. Any help sorting this out would be appreciated.