This one caught my eye today and I thought it would be a good topic for a question. Click here for the full story.
City Park Apartments in Salt Lake City, Utah put a lease addendum on everyone's door ordering them to
- Friend them on Facebook or be in violation of the lease
- Agree that they and their guests agree to be photographed
- Agree not to post negative information about City Park
I am highly suspect that this is enforceable after the fact; meaning there's already a signed lease agreement there's not much they can do. But what about renewal time?
- What could City Park do if I didn't have a Facebook account (I don't).
- Would the agreement to be photographed be limited to outside or could they theoretically take pictures of tenants and guests inside the apartment (hidden cameras?)
- How enforceable would this gag order be?
Disclaimer: I am not, nor have I ever been a tenant at City Park in SLC or any of their other properties. In fact, I am more than 4,000 miles away. This is purely academic in nature