I know there are certain restrictions on personal information for FOIA requests, and verification of such is required beforehand. Even so, should this information be accessible? If so, to which agency do I submit the request?

Additionally, I known non-citizens can request and receive this information, but I have not found examples of citizens requesting this information, as I am.

  • 1
    The agency will be Customs and Border Protection. I believe they do retain the records and they will disclose them in response to a request, but I don't know much more about it.
    – phoog
    Commented Oct 31, 2022 at 10:37
  • Thanks for the prompt reply. Commented Oct 31, 2022 at 10:40

1 Answer 1


As a US Citizen, you don't get a I-94 recording of entries and exits but :

The FOIA site of the CBP, mentions

Information Regarding Entry and Exit

Note: CBP does not have records on the entry and exit of persons arriving or departing the U.S. before 1982.

To be filled with CBP

However, this doesn't mentions if this is only applicable to Aliens or US Citizens are included or not. But this CBP help page mentions travel records for US Citizens

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .