If i am a director of a private limited company, can i resign from my director position using a resignation email ?
Is there any chance that the company could take legal actions just because there was not any signed written letter ?
Update: About the second question, here's an example scenario.
- Lets say i am a director of a pvt. ltd. company.
- Resignation is given via an email directly to the CEO (who holds 100% of shares) with a notice period of two weeks.
- By now, notice period is ok.
- The company provides a service to customers as a lifetime service.
- Due to some reason, company can't proceed with those already provided services.
- This service failures are being occurred after my notice period.
- Now, CEO says, even if i send the resignation letter he did not accept it, i am still liable to the company and its services.
- Though he previously said send an email as a resignation letter then go.
- Also before my resignation, another director resigned only using a resignation email.
- I have only signed usual director registration form and some other documents that needs to create company's bank account.